Sunday 1 February 2009

Breaks' Children

When I used to get home after carrying my dad's briefcase all day long, my mother understandably would spend some time with me. If I tried to sneak away, I'd be called back on the pretext of making a million dollar business decision or drinking milk. Bottomline was that I had to sit for an hour with my mother every night.

After that, I'm sure it's the same with a lot of youngsters like me. Moms wants us to spend time them. But, at the same time, but little do we know that we are actually competing for her attention in a losing battle. How's the winner? Simple: Ekta kapoor. So we used to talk only when the field was clear, i.e., during a commercial break. But the soaps are to my mom like a body possessed by possessive soul, even though you can't see it, you know it controls the head. And that's how our conversations went:

Mom: How's college

Me: good

Mom: is that why u dont talk to us these often, so happy with ur life?

Me: ummm...errr...

Mom: sshhhhhhh.....
TV: 'vo tumhari nahin karan ki biwi hai. Jab bus ko aag lagi tab vo zinda bach gayi thi aur fir usne plastic surgery karva li.

3 close-ups and a break

Mom: how's college

Me: bad

Mom: is that why u have turned so silent these days? u dont even talk properly when i call

Me: err.. umm...

Mom: ssshhhhhh........

TV: Blah blah blah


Narcissist Narmad

Sweetcarbine: Girls having periods just shows how big a sadist god is.

P.S.: A friend of mine is actually convinced that his cessarian was scheduled during a break.

No comments: