Friday 14 September 2007

The Xperiment

"Agar lift ke band hote darwaze se key-chain pass ho to vo khul jayega?" - Achal asks me.

I once read somewhere that the industrial strength of a country can be gauged by the electricity it consumes. I, like a true son of the soil, have since been looking for new ways to expend more and more electricity. I do not switch off the light or turn off the fan when I leave the room. I no longer switch off my computer during the day and of course, I take the lift in our dept. to my classroom on the 1st floor, which also brings me back to 'ground' realities.

It all started when I and Achal took the aforementioned conveyance in the dept to reach our destination, adding to the country's progress at the same time . Achal during the trip, pops this question and we spontaneously decide to check, drawing key chains from our (respective)pockets.

The experiment began once the lift halted and the door opened. We kept waiting till the door started sliding again, closing this time. At this moment, Achal throws out his key chain. The door did not seem interested. That would have been conclusive but I thought maybe it will notice it if the planks were closer. Without hesitation, I too tossed mine through the door when it was just about to close. The door, yet again, did not lose focus and accomplished what it had started and slammed shut.

Before we knew, we were going up with the lift, our keys lying on the '1st floor' floor, unattended, unclaimed, at least that's what we hoped.

We got out and rushed back to the 1st floor only to find them missing. Have been looking for our experimental equipments since... :((

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Machcha... such experiments is what is driving the country..
A country is better guaged by the electricity it utilizes efficiently.. not just gen electricity consumption...
kudos to ur studpid experiments..

amrit said...

On the funny side: LOL, you guys lost your key chains? LOL!

On the serious side: I am sure you were kidding when you said you 'waste' electricity.

Ashtung said...

@Sass - thanks
@amrit- I know that u know that i was just trying to make that 'funny'.. for others thinking otherwise, I close running taps in the morning, if the guy cleaning his teeth over it is brushing at the moment.. needless to say, it annoys lots of 'em :)...Have been told enuf stories about disparities, hailing from rajasthan...

SDK said...

"Industrial strength of a country can be gauged by the electricity it consumes"...maybe ....But Poverty Index can also be gauged by the amount of time in which an unclaimed key chain can be lost