Thursday 23 July 2009

My Dear Readers

I thought I shall write about my friends in IIT. It isn't because I'm feeling particularly nostalgic, it's just that I am too jobless and sleepless. As I think of the people I want to mention, it seems so useless to mention them too, thanks to their expected responses. And having lived with them for those 4 bloody eventful (not fruitful, eventful) years I can bet my life on them living up to my expectations. So here are those responses:

  • Satyan 'achaar' Chaudhary: "Just another supercilious blog. You see, the problem is that you are not a Jat and blah, blah, blah..." Oh, he won't read the blog btw.

  • Sajal 'ip' Gothi: "Itna lambaaaa... kaise padhunga main." He's the only one who won't read it and do so honestly.

  • Sameer "Bhalla" Singh: He will read it but will take that shameful secret to his grave.

  • Achal "Item" Jain: Would have read it even before I'd ask him to and when I'll ask for his response (yes, I extract that out of people) his reply won't be longer than 2 words. The latter being a noun (good, bad, crappy) and the 1st one being "was".

  • Karan "BJ" Syal: Will comment on it, invariably linking it to girls, with a reason-defying logic. I will then have to delete the comment as keeping it on my blog is embarrassing.

  • Manish "waggy/DKG/Kaduwa/..." Sharma: Will declare the blog racist and then blame excesive intake of 'chai' for my error in judgement, much to the anguish of us tea-lovers.

  • Nelson "Nelson" Veda...something: Will come up with the worst of PJs about it and crack them as soon as I ping him. "An eye for an eye" at its best.

  • Pratik "Punchar" Gupta: Will always read it and throw in his two cents as he believes in 'doing unto others...'. (Why he doesn't spell punchar as Puncture remains a mystery to me).

  • Anish "KG" Bangia: Will do the same as puncture, but with altruist intentions.

  • Pratyusha "Granny, is it?" Mogalisetti: Will read it seriously. Period.

  • Others: Won't even read the entries I consider my favorites, but will shower praises on the ones that I think stink. Reminds me of my trips to stores with my mom to buy a shirt.
P.S.: Following up the last post, the Aussies, to my delight, lost the 2nd test. It was heartwarming to watch Freddy Flintoff run in and bowl a 9th over equally hostile as his first. Not that I particularly like that 6'4" frame of his, it's just that I hate the Aussies more.

11 comments:

Shailesh said...

nice blog jaanwar...read ur blog after a long time...not because its gr8 but jus because the work server is down n thus i m too jobless...

ACHAL said...

tis good !!!

i wanted to write 'it is good' but that would make three words...

Apurv said...

I am not sure whether I qualify to comment here or not. Still I'll go ahead.
@Ashtung: The title suggested it would be some nostalgia-filled, good memories sharing level post; turned out to be slapstick! Seems an effort to settle terms of endearment!
Liked it. :)

Waggy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashtung said...

@achal: I forgot to add that u will pmake it a point to prove me wrong, while claiming otherwise

@apurv:of course u r entitled to. u r the typical 'other'... n trust me, the intentions were good when i began typing...

Ashtung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pratik Gupta said...

(Why he doesn't spell punchar as Puncture remains a mystery to me
dude many reason...of them punchar is already feeded in the mobile distionary so no need to go to /abc mode and type [:)]

Ashtung said...

@karan: see, i told u ill have to delete ur comment

pratyu said...

Read it. Seriously.

kay gee said...

will throw in a couple more from now on!
:)