Sunday 31 January 2010

Chennai Trip

So, I went to Chennai for 2 day. Yeah, go on. I can hear your laughing. But they ain't shifting the campus anytime soon so if I gotta meet college friends, I gotta go to Chennai, unless they come to Bangalore. Things have changed in the campus, for the worse.

The weather till sucks and due to the extension work going on, the mess-terrace is gone from 3 storeyed hostels and those poor chaps can't sleep during the day, thanks to the incessant hammering and drilling noise. Forget about sleeping, they can't even watch a movie in that much noise. Things are even worse in my hostel. Why? Because Bhaand still hasn't left and he has managed to grow the hair on his non-bald island on head long enough to tie 'it up in a pony. Good luck, Narmadites.

The good part, of course, was meeting friends and congratulating them on their placements. But this happiness was short-lived as I discovered on my way back. See, they will become bankers, analysts, consultants etc. but none of these positions have any real power. I mean, they will be able to acuire anything money can buy but nothing that money can't. And even master card agrees that money cannot buy everything.

You know what money can't buy but power can? The right to pull a 23 years old's cheek and get away it in a crowded train. The right to still refuse him a seat even after the ordeal. The poor boy's only fault was to have hoped for the elusive mistress called luck to provide him a seat in a reserved compartment, with th help of Mr. money. But she refused to show up. And it was then that my life changed.

See, I had enough money to buy out the man himself but I still couldn't buy myself out of the heinous act. That was a moment of clarity. I realised what I were to become. A TTE in a day train. Those guys have real power man. They can throw you outta the train, they can make you stand for hours and they can damn well pull your cheek. Imagine sashaying in an overcrowded compartment, wearing a coat in 45 degrees, throwing the first one out, making the second guy stand and pulling every 3rd guy's cheek. Heck, you might become a TTE on the arc shown in 2012, if a catastrophe is on its way.

Now since I've decided to become one and have no clue where to begin, please send me any details you might possess/come across. If it turns out to be helpful, I assure you, your cheeks will be stamped 'safe.'


8 comments:

Apurv said...

LoL. Heard about life-changing journeys, may be this was the one for you! But I must say what TTE did was an 'abusive' (sexually or otherwise) use of power. Not true use of it. Don't get delusional. Moreover how much of your life have you spent on train journeys?
Although I would love a job wherein I can throw people (atleast the ones whom I wish to) out of a flying plane! Fundaes, anyone?

Hrishikesh Ranjalkar said...

Its fate my friend. Kismat. Beware, the TTE's have got the power to corrupt themselves as well as you...

Ashtung said...

@Apurv: I have been praying ever since that it wasnt sexual... And I am twisted enough to use the power whatever way i like, including pulling other guys' cheeks (although, I assure you, I have no such intentions or preferences for that matter)

About a career for you.. let's see... sky-diving involves the instructor trowing people outta the plane... but I think u'll like pirating more...

@Hrishi: TTE corrupting me??? lol... I was ready to bribe him for a seat...

Ashtung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pratik Gupta said...

Take away points:
1) Long Live Bhaand!!
2) TTE : Trust me, I would to love this if get a chance to pull the cheek of achaar at any point of time in the fully boarded train :)

Akhil said...

I believe the 'arc' in 2012 is spelled as arK :P

avinash said...

pulling the cheek of a 23 year old...hmmm...that was shady dude...for a second i thought you pulled a cheek of some 23 year old chick and got away with it...well it turned out to be different...nevertheless enjoyed enjoyed your blog.

@bhaand..let sample and all smoke ...its THEIR final sem after all ;)

Ashtung said...

@Pratik: u had 4 years for that... no use crying over soilt milk now...

@Akhil: well spotted... It was intentional... at least someone reads the whole thing :P

@avinash: thanks for 'enjoying' it...
n tell bhaand bout letting them smoke...