Tuesday 3 July 2007

Rendezvous with a kid

Every time I go to someone's home, someone with a small kid, It just seems that an old film is being remade hazaar times over. The man calls the kid. He is told I'm his uncle, brother, whatever. Now I call the kid and start asking the same old stupid set of questions, out of sheer formality. What's ur name? What's your father's/mother's name? School , age etc. The kid answers everything confidently. After all, he faced an interview loaded with the same questions to get admission in a prep school and passed with flying colours. His parents had put in long hours to drive this stuff into his head. Coming back, now that I have exhausted the usual set and by experience, have learnt that kids are not used to new queries, I have no idea what to do next. The parents are naturally enjoying their little angels quick answers and swelling with pride. Sometimes I even fear a kid telling me to ask something new as he is bored of these questions.

I am fond of kids but I'm not good with them. I like it when a kid pulls one on me but somehow most of them find me repelling. Perhaps it's my just that I can't get to talking with them or maybe it's just the absence of a deo-spray, I don't know. I just hope that you know a way out of the situation I talked about and if you do, please, please help me!!!

No comments: