Tuesday 29 January 2008

Saarang

And hence, another Saarang ends, 3rd for me...

The 1st one led me to believe that Saarang was overhyped, made to look more glamorous than it really is... The 2nd one strengthened the belief and I wasn't looking forward to this one...

Things turned out to be different though... For numerous reasons, this has been my best Saarang. To begin with, their was never any dearth of coupons, just like the past 3 fests. I attended workshops. Participated in Antakshari, Stood 4th in queen of Sheeba, hoping to win it next year though. Not to forget the dish we made, well not me technically, which the judge tasted and said, "what the hell did I do to deserve this?"

My post in Saarang required me to attend all the pro-shows, and sometimes, maintain order. It also gave me a chance to show-off, roaming around in OAT with a coord-badge hanging from my jeans pocket, and a walky-talky in my hand, which got a few jealous and used to become a toy as soon as the shows ended. Finally got into a heated argument on the last day, thank god for that.

The food served at Saarang village was good, better than any of the other stalls. I liked the kulfi in particular, and mannn, the joy of having a pan in Chennai.

Good Bye Saarang... Hope you come up with even better stuff next time

Narcissist Narmad

Theory (on the walky-talky): Roger come in... Come in Roger

Taali: Abe Taali here.. Ye Roger kaun hai

5 comments:

entwined said...

huh!....where was the paan?....y dint I have it??? (puppy faced expression)

Ashtung said...

seems to me u keep missing out on good stuff...
catch hold of amrit... he was ur host

entwined said...

ya amrit!!!...n the walky- talkie did seem all important...i suddenly wanted to play wid it :P

entwined said...

i went to a weddin the other day...came out n went rite back to have a paan...was jus tempted to tel u... :P

Wicky said...

People turned to pirates of Indian Ocean in the queen of Sheeba event in saarang 2008.People are searching for items like Johnny Depp unfortunately there is no Kiera knightly in the crowd. For those who missed it catch the entire funny episode of the Saarang in http://www.minglebox.com/saarang2008