Monday 6 August 2007

Read at ur own risk

Sitting in my room,
not to be disturbed,
got something to brood...

Trying to write something good,
A piece that somethings laud...
All that comes to my mind
are things I gaud...

I have good and bad around me,
numbers aplenty both...
what flows readily but
is only stuff I loathe...

Is it my nature,
or just humans usual...
Is it just a vice,
or a sin cardinal...

Lines very fine between
question and criticism exist.
In no time, reason is detested
and detest becomes the gist...

I am a victim to this
having long crossed over,
writing a better verse now,
is not in my power... ;)

Gifted are those,
who know lemon from lime,
those are gifted too,
who can words better rhyme...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never knew ur english is so good enough to write such things.....nyways i got a feeling that u r a bit confused man...take light:)

pratyu said...

i appreciate this piece, for various reasons, but primarily because i understood it. for a first attempt, it was good. there's some sad truth in it. I think I shud also thank you and congratulate you.
regards

Ashtung said...

@ anshul: surprised u yet again...did i? well to an extent u're right...the dictionary ought to b acknowledged here... :)

@bhava: it was meant to b hated, not liked...u disappoint me... will make sure to churn out crap next time around...

Sass said...

dude.. am not in touch with poems.. but if u want to get it hated - dat was the crap straight outta hell.
personally.. nice work!!