Monday 12 October 2009

Champion's League

I am having a hard time picking up a team to support. Not that I am watching much of it but neither are the umpires. They have put friggin' mics on the umpires to have a chat with the commentators. What next? Put a mic inside a batsman's helmet and listen to his thoughts after each ball?

Rahul Dravid: 'defend'...'defend'...
Harbhajan Singh: 'Monkey'
Andrew Symonds: 'Boo hoo'
Sachin: "he's only saying 'maa ki'
Ponting: "Screw England"
Flintoff: "I'll go freelance, screw England"
Strauss: "Flintoff is inspring,screw England"

The questions asked to the umpires are the best part; "Are you enjoying the match?". Gimme that much money and I'll 'enjoy' the match, standing on my head. Also, the discussion continues when the bowler is about to bowl or the batsman has hit a four. The drop in entertainment factor is comparable to switching from Bob Dylan to Akon.

1 comment:

Pratik Gupta said...

screw England, I say