Saturday 10 October 2009

The Nobel & Other Things Irrelevant

For sometime now I am being bugged by people, newspapers and TV alike as they all dicuss stuff I could very well do without. So I jotted down a things we should not and should discuss

Things we need not think about:

1. Obama winning the Nobel Prize: He may or may not deserve it but does it matter anymore? There are so many better things that precious advertising space called status message could be devoted to. My blog for instance. The way I see it, it might be more insightful to discuss my blog entries, which can be edited and deleted, than pondering over that sailed ship.

BTW, history suggests that if you really,really,truly, badly and desperately want to win a Nobel Prize, becoming the President of US is your best shot. Four, yes four, I repeat, four of them have won it. No other chair has won so many.

2. 'The' austerity drive: Yeah yeah yeah... Rahul Baba travelled by train, Mr. Tharoor tweeted about it and the press wasted reels of newsprint and hours of showtime to it. Was it honest? I don't know and neither do I care because what they are going to save is loose change in comparison to what they spend.

Btw, I found Mr. Tharoor being asked to leave a hotel and occupy his alloted Bungalow quite ironic when MPs (ex) don't vacate their Bungalows months after vacating office.

3. Salman, SRK, Aamir: Saas-Bahu is passe', enter the blogosphere. I don't really care if SRK and 'KJo' are more than friends, what's Aamir's dog's name or if Salman gifted his shirt to a shirtless man and thus himself getting shirtless in the process.

It might be noted that Amitji has been deliberately left out of it. I don't hear much about anyone else and hence haven't grown sick of them yet.

4. Cricket: Think about this one and get back. I'll be waiting for your valuable thoughts and not-so-valuable insults.

I must admit that a some of my recent posts might suggest, I myself indulge a lot in the last fallacy.

Things we should spare more than a miniscule thought for:

1. The Ambani Bros. Feud.

2. Naxalites

3. The authenticity of Pokharan, although nothing can come out of it now.

4. Dev D/ Abhay Deol

PS: A friend's status message: Next year's peace prize to Simpu Sir... What's the zoke bhai???

5 comments:

pratyu said...

Cricket and Dev-D? In those categories?
You're kidding right?

Pratik Gupta said...

DEV D rocks!!

Ashtung said...

@pratyu: that's the way i see it...
@Pratik: totally

Ashtung said...

@pratik: u have nothing to say bout cricket???
that was aded specifically for u

Pratik Gupta said...

Dude Cricket was pretty obvious but Dev-D was the unique observation, i must say