Wednesday 31 October 2007

Ha Ha Ha cotd...

As I walked down the stairs after my last supper in CR mess for this sem ( at long last, my caterer for this month is RR) my eyes caught the glimpse of a guy slipping on the wet floor. People who have read the preceding post, can anticipate my reaction without an iota of doubt and I did not disappoint the readers either. Well, I would not have if it were in my power.

As soon as I opened my mouth to flash my sparkling, apple munching, juice dripping, teeth set, I noticed a sudden drop in altitude. My throat, on the verge of releasing an "ha ha", let out an "ah ah" in its stead. My posterior then landed on a step and is if it were an train and the staircase a track, it ran on it, halting briefly at each step, which I think it assumed to be stations 'en-route. It finally came to a stop after about 6 steps.

Getting up, gathering my thoughts and rubbing my butt, I saw people watching me had a twinkle in their eyes and a sneer on their faces. As I walked back to my room I thought about the 'ha ha ha' theory. When someone else fell, I laughed or was about to. When I fell others did. As some may say, you fell because you laughed. I think I fell not because I laughed at the one who fell before me. I fell because when I was busy laughing at him, I did not watch my step.

4 comments:

amrit said...

Ha ha. Watch your steps! :P

Anonymous said...

ha ha. Nice one.

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely good for your health or otherwise to laugh. But you are deciding to laugh at others just because the world does not miss a chance to laugh at you.Do you base your actions on what the world does or say or whatever.
I remember the day when u said....
we should live our lives according to some defined rules for ourselves like the great Karan from Mahabharata did and no matter what happens we should stick to those rules. If this is one of those its definitely not a good one(according to me).I think when we(i think you know who all) sit together we do laugh a lot. If that is not enough tell me we ll increase the duration of our useless and senseless chats.

so moral of the story...laughing a good idea,but laughing at others just because the world laughs on us????

Ashtung said...

@gl: pls focus on the line: "laugh at anything you don't feel sorry for" n i am sure u r not sorry for either chiranjeevi or bush