Friday 16 November 2007

Take a Stand

What is common between X-Men, Matrix and LOTR?

1. They all have fictional characters and a fantasy land.

2. Although all of them are based on the age-old 'good beats evil' idea, they are a tad grey for fairytales

3. They are amongst my fav movies

Of the 3, 2 are recognised as pieces of art, ranking among the best 50 movies of all times. They have everything in them that makes a movie great. But for me, X Men too is a favourite, despite the fact that it lacks in every dept. as compared to the other two.

What fascinates me in these movies equally is the climax. It ain't as much the direction or the script. It's just the idea. A few standing against a few too many. They fight for what they believe in. They fight, knowing that their chances are slim. They fight, knowing that they will lose, which is very close to what I feel when face such situations, albeit, not nearly as fatal.

Situations, where I either stand up for my beliefs and end up losing, or just keep mum, saving my ass. I have gone either ways, at different times. Usually I have benefited when I compromised and hurt myself when I stood up. Although keeping mum has helped, I have always felt a pang of guilt, as big or small as the situation, doing that. On the other hand,when I choose not to compromise, I have felt a sense of pleasure in standing my ground. No matter how much it hurt me, it has always come with a smile on my face and pride in my heart.

Interestingly, I tend to forget the situations where I compromised but can accurately recall, with a smile, the times when I did not bend.

Hobbes(from calvin & Hobbes): " You should be adamant when you can be, and compromise when you must"

P.S.: I have thought of attaching a quote by me or peers in every blog hence. Here's the 1st one

BT bombs

Gochi: Gurunath ke puff mein adrak kyun hoti hai
Ashtung: taki bandar na kha saken :D

No comments: